Dr. Huy Phan is a cardiac specialist and one of the main heart physicians at Heart and Rhythm. Heart and Rhythm Solutions is a heart care center operating in the United States, in Arizona. Our clinics are spread all over Arizona in various locations such as Chandler AZ, Queen Creek AZ, Phoenix AZ and Gilbert AZ.
Heart and Rhythm’s team consists of various heart care specialists. Dr. Huy Phan happens to be one of them. Dr. Phan is originally from Viet Nam. He spent his early years in Tucson, Arizona where he graduated from the University of Arizona summa cum laude with honors. Dr. Phan studied medicine and received his combined MD/PhD degree at the University of Texas – Houston Medical School. He then returned to the University of Arizona for his Internal Medicine residency and served one year as Chief Medical Resident. He has a passion for understanding heart diseases and arrhythmias, Dr. Phan undertook further training in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology at the University of California – San Diego. Dr. Phan is board certified in both Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and General Cardiology.
Dr. Phan has expertise in medical treatment and radiofrequency ablation of various cardiac arrhythmias including ventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, atrial tachycardia, WPW, other supraventricular tachycardia, and premature ventricular contractions (PVCs). Dr. Phan makes use of new technologies in 3-D mapping and ablation to improve outcomes and patient’s safety. Furthermore, Dr. Phan also implants a wide spectrum of cardiac devices such as loop recorder, pacemaker, defibrillator, and biventricular (resynchronization) system. Dr. Phan believes in “Patient’s First and Team Work” approach where healthcare professionals work together in a collegial environment to provide the best care for patients.
Dr. Huy Phan is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Arizona Heart Hospital and Banner Desert Medical Center. Dr Phan has been in practice for 12 years and is one of 50 doctors at Arizona Heart Hospital and one of 51 at Banner Desert Medical Center who specialize in Cardiovascular Disease. He also speaks multiple languages, including English and Vietnamese.
Dr. Phan’s care Philosophy is: “I believe in “Patient’s First” philosophy and “Team-Work” approach where healthcare professionals work together in a collegial environment to bring the best care to patients.”
Here is a list of Procedures that Dr. Phan Performs:
- Ablation for Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation and Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Ablation
- Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Cardioversion, Elective
- Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
- Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
- Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
- Defibrillator Implantation
- Electrophysiological Study
- Implantable Loop Recorder
- Pacemaker Implantation, Temporary or Permanent
- Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
- Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation
- Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
- Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
Dr. Phan lives in Chandler, AZ with his wife, Tammy, who teaches at Chandler Unified School District.